Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back to work!

I hadn't posted in a little while because things here have been pretty busy as of late!
We have lots of pictures that I wanted to share though (and also I have the extra incentive to post lots of photos now because I want to be able to see more current pictures of my boy when I start missing him at work!)
This Monday marked not only North's 8 week milestone but also my return to work and our start in developing a routine for our "normal" life--turns out that is a bit challenging! Where do all of the hours in the day go?
Being back at work is both great (I love my job) and heartbreaking (I miss getting to see North and Alan as much as I did while on leave). The daily commute from Terre Haute to Bloomington has long been an issue but, now that North is in the picture, it is far more grueling than before. Hopefully someday we will move...
North is doing wonderful with adjusting to the change though. He's doing very well with taking bottles for Nana and cousin Melissa who are watching him this week. I think that he's having a great time and I am so thankful that we have such supportive family who volunteered to watch him for a while before he begins daycare (which won't happen for another 3+ weeks!). Thank you Melissa, Nana, and Grandma!
Since my last post, North has had lots of adventures. He and I had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's before my last day of maternity leave (Alan had band practice that night).

Sleepover with Grandma!

On my last day of maternity leave, we spent the day in Indianapolis shopping, having lunch with Grandma and Grandpa and then going home and playing with daddy.

Shopping!

Playing! North now holds his head up quite steady and regularly--he thinks it's great fun!


He also likes to "talk" to us--which is largely just coos, grunts, gurgles, and laughs.

Saturday we left North for the first time. I didn't want the first time I was ever away from him to be when I was gone for 12 whole hours for work so, on Saturday we had a "trial run" away from him for just a few hours. Alan and I got dinner and saw a movie while grandma and grandpa played with North.
We were so nervous/sad to leave him for the first time but ended up having a great time getting some time alone together. I think North had a great time too.

Can you see the anxiety?

North clearly had a great time though! Didn't miss US a bit!

Now that I'm back at work, we're apart for far more time each day. I don't have any pictures from him at Nana's from the week but I know that he's having fun.

I can't believe how quickly he's growing. His new "tricks" are grabbing onto things and shaking them (see below with his toy) and holding his head and shoulders up while on his belly.

My sweet baby

No comments: